Thursday 27 September 2012

Stamp Collage inspired by Chocolate!

You never know when inspiration will strike, and if it doesn't try eating chocolate!

At a service station in Italy, near the town of Sansepolcro, birthplace of Piero della Francesca, a beautifully packaged  chocolate bar was calling out to be purchased along with the Cappucinos!  The design on the wrapper featured a mosaic in turquoise, gold, white and black. The chocolate itself was most unusual and very enjoyable and I kept the wrapper for my holiday journal, as I am in the habit of doing when travelling.  The effect stayed in my mind and I eventually created a stamp collage based on this image, using stamps for most of the design, but also incorporating the gold foil which contained the original chocolate bar.
I've produced cards and prints of this stamp collage, and have now also had the original framed in preparation for my next exhibition.  This will be at Pegasus Arts, Thrupp, Gloucestershire starting on Tuesday 30th October until 20th November. Pegasus is open every day except Sunday from 9 - 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment