Sunday 20 October 2013

Your very own art gallery .. in a stamp album

Being a stamp collector, and an art lover, the two interests frequently come together.  I've always said that one thing I love about stamps is that they are mini works of art and you don't need to be a millionaire to afford them.
I am enjoying the BBC4 series Art of Australia at the moment - the last of the series of 3 will be shown on Tuesday 22nd October at 9pm .Although I have yet to visit the exhibition , Australia, at the Royal Academy, I recognised several of the paintings featured in the programme, because I have the stamps!
It looks like a wonderful show and I can't wait to get to London to see it, and wondering how many more of my own stamps will feature in the next programme and indeed in the show itself.
A view of the Artist's House and Garden in Mills Plains, Van Diemen's Land  by John Glover

No comments:

Post a Comment