Saturday 15 November 2014

From Russia with love

As a member of Postcrossing.com, I regularly send and receive postcards.  Today this beautiful card arrived from Russia, from a lady called Natalia.  On careful examination, I found it is painted on birch bark - look closely at the background.  You can see more examples of this on www.artbirch.ru.  The website is in Russian but I think the painting is by Alexander and Tatiana Noryk.  The title of this picture is Chapel, Kizhi, 18th century.  


 Natalia thoughtfully put some interesting stamps on it and tells me that the wrought iron shown on one of them is an example of Kaslinko casting made in the town of Kasli in Chelyadinsk region of Russia.
Another card  from Russia shows a modern design but unfortunately the postmark has covered the artist's name - Rita ?? 
And my third piece of mail from Russia today  was from my friend Olesya who sent me a nice card with a Rose in an envelope  along with some interesting stamps for my growing collection

No comments:

Post a Comment