Sunday 15 March 2015

Thanks Mum!

On Mothering Sunday - or Mother's Day if you prefer - I'm paying tribute to my wonderful mum, Marion!

Now aged 88,  she continues to support my efforts with my stamp collages, helping me to sort through stamps which often arrive from unexpected sources! She knows a lot about stamps, having run a stamp shop and approval business  with my dad for many years.  She  helps to soak stamps and hunt for subject matter, such as flowers, stamps of a certain colour, people on stamps to make up a crowd scene, in fact anything which I need when putting together my pictures.  It can be a time consuming business and it's great to have her help and I know she really enjoys the search! Along with the rest of my family, my mum is often called on to critique my work, and I usually get an honest opinion, although of course mums are always proud of their children's efforts, so I sometimes have to make up my own mind!

An RSPCA volunteer for more than 20 years, she works in our local branch shop in twice a week. Being useful and busy helps keep her young at heart.   Thanks Mum!





No comments:

Post a Comment