Sunday 26 May 2013

Here comes the sun ... and it's great to get outside and paint!

I love making my stamp collages but I also love painting with oils and have a particular fondness for using oil bars, compressed oil paint in stick for. It's good to have a change and I have had quite a long break from painting so I've decided to concentrate on my other art interest for a while - especially while the sun is shining and I can get outside and look at the wonderful view we have from our home in Stroud .  Immediately in front of us is an area called The Heavens, which certainly lives up to its name.  The Horns valley is  below  and there are some wonderful walks through woodland and across streams.  On the horizon is Rodborough Common and Minchinhampton common where cattle wander freely in the Summer months. The skies are spectacular and I'm hoping for some good sunsets to paint soon! It would be great to paint outside every day, but I have a feeling I may need to get a large umbrella sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment