Thursday 10 July 2014

Postcrossing and making new friends all over the world

One of the most enjoyable hobbies I now have is Postcrossing.  www.postcrossing.com.

As a child and into my teens I had several penfriends, in France, Germany, India, Italy, USA and Brazil .. but unfortunately with time all these contacts were lost - not really sure why.   It was just last year that another online contact told me about Postcrossing and I joined up and have now received more than 100 cards from far flung places including Hong Kong, China, Japan,  Singapore ... where next?  I regularly exchange cards and/or letters  now with people in the Philippines, Belarus, USA, Kazakhstan, Germany and Portugal and  today have received some lovely cards from a lady who lives in Grasse, the City of Perfumes.  She made one of my cards - a cat stamp collage, a "Favourite",  and I contacted her to offer to send it to her .. and in exchange for this and a card showing the Eiffel Tower, I received four attractive vintage style poster cards, and also a beautiful scented card, (top left) which when rubbed smells of roses!   Certainly going through a bit of a rose theme at the moment!

The cat card (bottom right) from Germany shows a painting by Rosina Wachtsmeier.

It's easy to join postcrossing.com - just check out the website and follow the very easy instructions.   Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment