Tuesday 8 October 2019

An alternative to Stamp collage


I  only  work from my studio at home on stamp collages,  as storage and use of materials isn't great outdoors (they blow away!), and transporting supplies is difficult.  I  always  enjoy doing some form of  artwork though, and find sitting for a while and really looking closely at the subject is far more memorable than merely taking a photo! While away I try to do odd sketches or collages using leaflets etc which I can't resist picking up at every opportunity, so only need to take glue stick, notebook  and some pens or pencils and small scissors. This time, I also bought a
Children's paint box for 3 Euros!
In the hilly  Alfama area of Lisbon, I could have spent the whole time sitting on the third floor  balcony trying to draw, paint and collage this panoramic view, if it wasn't for the endless sightseeing opportunities. 
 Due to a  lack of Portuguese stamps, chances are I won't be making any collages of the various places of interest we visited in Lisbon, as  I like to use the nation's stamps when creating landmarks:  Italian stamps for the Colosseum, French for the Eiffel Tower and for my latest picture of Ayers Rock, Australian stamps.  See Landmark pages for all these collages, available as originals in some cases, and prints in various sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment