Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Luck of the Irish









I had rather a lot of Irish stamps so it seemed obvious to make an Irish flag ...


then I realised it would soon be St Patrick's Day on March 17th and that Cheltenham Races will be next week end with a lot of Irish visitors coming over and as luck would have it I was offered wall space to hang some pictures in Costa in Cheltenham's branch of Waterstones Bookshop so this canvas print will be among them! And I'm not even Irish!






Had a bit of fun with this one as I've managed to include an Irish racehorse called Boomerang, a 1937 Saint Patrick stamp and good old Arthur Guinness! A portrait of Michael Collins is in the centre surrounded by Irish heritage definitives. Somewhere amongst the forty shades of green is an Irish wolfhound and a stamp commemmorating the Irish love of golf! So much to see on this Stamp collage flag. I love these beautiful Irish stamps!






Top image shows canvas print hanging on my studio wall and below that a detail of some of the stamps mentioned. Canvas available to purchase for £70.


No comments:

Post a Comment