Tuesday 6 November 2012

American Flag on Stamps of USA

Help! I'm disappearing under a huge heap of stamps which a friend in USA sent me some time ago.  I've been gradually sorting them out as I'm using some designs in Stamp collages and it's always good to have another look to get inspiration.  But what a lot of them have the flag of the USA on!
It's a beautiful flag anyway and well worth it's lovely name of the Star spangled banner.  There's even a museum in Philadelphia dedicated to Betsy Ross who is said to have made the first flag, although there are various stories regarding the exact origins and designers of the flag.  I wondered just how many stamps there are featuring American flags in their various designs and having googled " US flag on American stamps"  got 4,240,000 potential images, and pleased to say that my own stamp collage design was among them!   As it's the last day of the US presidential election campaign, here it is flying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment