Wednesday 25 September 2013

I must get knitting again ..

The first programme in the Fabric of Britain series (BBC4 8.00 Sunday evenings for 3 weeks) featured Knitting's Golden Age and  I suspect will further help the revival in interest in the craft. Having knitted complicated Fair Isle  and Aran jumpers for my family over the years, but not so much recently, it reminded me that I still have half a pair of Fair Isle mittens to complete!  And also, as this is a blog which I try to link to stamps as often as I can, I've included a photo showing said mittens, together with the Holiday Knits stamps issued by the USA Post Office in 2007.  Christmas jumpers have always been popular and these  41cent stamps feature four Christmas themes often popular on hand knitted jumpers traditionally given as presents in the Christmas season.
I'm not familiar with any other knitting themed stamps, but will be doing my usual research into the matter, although I should really be getting on with my knitting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment