Wednesday 4 September 2013

Windmills of my mind ... stamps make up a patchwork quilt collage

Patchwork quilts made with stamps are my latest interest and I came across the windmill motif and five stamps issued in 1980 by the USA at the same time, so have combined them in my latest design. The miniature pale yellow 15c stamps feature beautiful engravings of historic windmills from different states. The Cape Cod windmill in Eastham Massachusetts of 1793, the Robertson Windmill in Williamsburg,Virginia 1820, the Dutch mill on the Fabyan Park Forest Reserve,Illinois 1860, the replica of the old windmill in Portsmouth,Rhode Island 1790 and  the South Western Windmill in Texas 1890. I've used the iconic Statue of Liberty 3c purple of 1954 as a contrasting colour, with the 1982 20c Love stamp as a border to the main design.

No comments:

Post a Comment