Monday 30 March 2020

Make your own 2021 diary .. and look forward to filling it next year!

Pick a note book, any notebook ... who hasn't got a spare one lying around ??
I chose the one in the centre with recycled hammock fabric!

My 2020 diary is looking very sorry for itself, with cancelled appointments no work, , family events  including a wedding no longer happening and generally a mess of crossings out , but some things are already being rescheduled  for 2021, including the wedding (Yay!!) and I found myself without a diary. Reluctant  to buy online  to save money and delivery problems, I decided it would be easy to make one myself! I wanted to make the diary pages more interesting and looked through my stamps for inspiration!

For each week, I'm choosing a stamp to head up the page and discovering more interesting stories or reviving memories through them. I felt the USA stamp issued in 1961, showing a "Nurse lighting the candle of dedication" issued in honour of Nurses was an appropriate choice in the current Coronavirus pandemic.  I wonder if countries around the world will eventually issue stamps such as this to honour so many people working to help us all.
My notebook is 21 x 16 cms and I've ruled lines across 2 pages for each week.  USA stamp issued in 1961 to honour nurses

 Making a diary could become a yearly event as there are so many stamps to choose from!  Like my collages, stamps have stories to tell  and I hope you will enjoy  reading some of them!  Why not make your own 2021 diary, choosing your own "weekly picture" to add? It could be a small photograph, a fabric swatch, magazine cutting, a drawing, inspirational quote or your own stamps... endless possibilities.   All you need is a notebook with enough pages for 52 weeks and any additional information you may want to include, some glue, a pen/pencil and a ruler.  You could even cover the notebook  if  it's a plain one.  I've used more of my recycled hammock fabric  which has already made several tote bags, and a pair of shorts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment