Monday 30 April 2012

Keeping a Diary

I haven't always found the time to keep a daily diary, but almost always when I go on holiday or on a short break, I try and keep a diary or sketch book, or both, as well as taking photographs.  Painting on holiday is sometimes possible too depending on the location and I've also been known to do the odd collage!

Having recently been re-visiting my sketchbooks and note books from my visit to Prague 10 years ago, I came across this collage, which also brought back the memory of our walking tour of the city.
Our guide, a beautiful statuesque Czech girl named Hannah, arrived at our hotel and announced, "Today you will walk for 7 hours!".  And, in spite of the number of aged folks in our party, that is exactly what we did.  It was certainly a wonderful tour of Prague, but in the heat and with cobbled streets to negotiate, very tiring.  When we reached the castle in the afternoon, my mother, then aged 76, asked if she could sit down for a minute, but was told "If you do so, you will miss something", so on we went.  



The following day, we decided to opt out of another guided walk, chosing instead to visit other parts of the city at our own pace and found interesting old antique shops and bookshops, where we purchased some old sheet music for about 5p each. I think it is music for accordion, which may come in handy one day!     These beautiful little sheets look great framed up and I copied the one above to make into a collage incorporating newsprint cut into small sections a la Jiri Kolar! (See previous blog). 

No comments:

Post a Comment