Sunday 15 April 2012

Stamps blow away in the wind!



One of the down-sides to stamp collage is that I can't work outside! Having spent an hour "filing" my stamps this morning I ventured out into the sunshine, wishing that I could do some of my stamp collage work outside, but it's just not possible. I tried it once and found that all the stamps were blowing all over the garden - such a frustrating experience! Unlike an artist painting "en plein air" I'm just not able to put stamp to paper out in the open, having to make full use of my wonderful studio space, which at least has a great view over the are in Stroud known appropriately as "The Heavens".





Taking my coffee into the garden I find that the yellow tree peony is coming into bloom, and the scented viburnum is covered in blossom. Parrot tulips of various varieties in their planters are a perfect picture, and the sunflower seeds are emerging. Lavender and euphorbia love our hillside garden and don't seem to need much maintenance, just the occasional bit of clipping. Walking round my own garden has inspired me to create another another stamp collaged garden , so now I'm back to filing my flowers, foliage and architectural and landscaping stamps ready to create another garden picture.


With Stroud Open Studios Site 12 festival coming soon, I've also been busy framing, making cards and getting prints ready for sale in my studio which will be open on the two week-ends of 12-13 and 19-20 May or at other times by appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment