Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Art of Shorthand Exhibition by Tracy Spiers

I first met Tracy Spiers when she called in to my studio in Stroud  during an  Open Studios week-end in June 2010.  Tracy was very interested in my pictures and we chatted easily about how it had all come about, and shared our experiences of the Access course at Stroud college, which she had just started and which I had completed 10 years before.  She asked if she could come back to do a proper interview and write an article about me for a future edition of Stroud Life.   Little did I know then how talented an artist Tracy is in her own right!  A journalist of 25 years, wife and mother of five daughters, Tracy  completed the Access course and is currently doing an HND in Fine Art.
As a journalist, she has used shorthand throughout her career and this has now combined with many of the other skills and art forms she has mastered to create a fascinating body of work.  The Art of Shorthand is  at Kendrick Street Gallery in Stroud until December 31st, and you can meet Tracy on Friday December 7th at the gallery between 6 - 7.30 pm,  at Stroud's  Goodwill Evening.

1 comment:

  1. You are so kind Rachel. Thank you for your support. It is much easier for me to stay on the other side interviewing others. It is a much safer place for me! Love Tracy

    ReplyDelete