Saturday 15 December 2012

Stamp and Coin Mart includes article about my work

The January 2013 edition of Stamp & Coin Mart (published 14/12/12) includes an article by Tim Clegg.  Tim runs the Torbay Stamp Centre and has a keen interest in keeping the hobby of stamp collecting alive.  He's recently written a book called "Stamp Collecting Unhinged" and having read and reviewed this great little book, Tim and I have been in correspondence and he has discovered my own rather different take on using stamps.

Many diverse interests can be combined successfully and his article describes how  my interest in stamps and art have come together, as well as an interesting project by a postcard collector who bought a collection of very old envelopes with heavily postmarked stamps on and is aiming to create a " three dimensional design" with them.

The picture in the centre is one of my recent stamp collages, which I have called "The trawler Marianne". Take a close look at the sails and you will see why.


No comments:

Post a Comment