Wednesday 15 January 2014

Who says nobody writes letters any more?

Postcrossing card  received from Germany
Beautiful hand made card received from the Netherlands - thanks to Helma!
More about postcrossing - and I'm so pleased I joined and now receive interesting things in the mail instead of just brown envelopes and junk mail - although this can also have its uses, as some very creative people  turn it into works of art!  I send and receive postcards to people all over the world and also exchange stamps with other collectors. It's not restricted to stamps either as people often request other items they like to collect, such as beer labels, fridge magnets, and I've just been asked if I have any bow ties I could exchange for stamps! Hoping I can oblige!
My postbox yesterday contained letters from Russia and the Philippines, and also this week I've had mail from the Netherlands and Belarus!
Cards and beautifully decorated envelope received from Jose in the Philippines
English/Philippino dictionary
A little late, but also have to include this beautifully hand made card from Ada in the Netherlands - note the hand sewn Christmas tree!
Not only do we receive cards, letters and stamps and make friends with other postcrossers, we even learn a few words in other languages such as Philippino!    I will have to find the word to say , "Thanks" when I send my reply along with my postcards and stamps!

1 comment: