Tuesday 1 July 2014

Out of my comfort zone .. but having a great time!

IMATS (International Make-up Artist Trade Show) took place at Olympia,  London last week-end. I went along with my daughter Hester Markwick who recently graduated in Media Make-up. I was not sure what to expect as it would never have occurred to me to go  to this type of show, but as Hester was giving a demonstration of her wig and make-up skills I wanted to support her.
 It was an exciting day with demonstrations and talks by international artists in the field of fashion, film and television make-up, prosthetics and wig making. The artists and their models were happy to be photographed and filmed throughout the long processes of transformation and it all made for a very colourful event.
Hester applies final touches to the wig and make-up of her model
and here I am with Mark Bowles, Spob O'Brien and David Horne, writers of The Art of Male Make-up , who gave a fascinating talk on the subject! 




No comments:

Post a Comment