Thursday 1 August 2013

Lilac Eagle Stamp Quilt

Detail showing postmark , envelopes and central Lilac stamp 
Following on from my previous post on 16th June, I set to work to make my own Stamp Collage quilt.
While soaking the US stamps which I felt would be suitable for this piece I couldn't help noticing the backs of the envelopes some of the stamps came from and how pretty they are! In fact, they are just like some of the cotton prints that were used to make up the original quilts which are now so prized by collectors all over the world.  To make this Nine-square patterned picture I've also incorporated postmarks, mainly from the USA to divide up the blocks of colour and placed a flower stamp in the centre of each of these.  More about the link between stamps and quilts in my next post!


Collage patchwork quilt using stamps, postmarks and envelopes




No comments:

Post a Comment