Friday 6 January 2017

Postcrossing : a wonderful way to communicate and make new friends!

I often mention  Postcrossing.com  as it's become a real interest of mine,  and if you haven't already heard of it you may like to investigate by following the links to give it a try - completely free to join - all you need is to choose a postcard to send and buy a stamp!
I first discovered Postcrossing through research I was carrying out online while making a stamp collage and wanting to find out about a certain stamp I was including. I came across a site which gave me all the information I needed, but also mentioned Postcrossing as a way of communicating with all sorts of people in practically every country in the world! It's really nice to receive mail of this sort - not just the brown envelopes, or junk mail variety!  Some people become penfriends and regularly exchange letters, cards and also become friends on facebook!!  Hello! You know who you are!!It's been quite amazing to discover that so many have similar interests and my Postcrossing friends are based in Russia, Finland, Estonia,Canada, Poland,  the Netherlands,  Kazakhstan, Ukraine, France, Japan, USA  ...and as well as stamps we have exchanged Tea Bags, sewing patterns, sugar packets, magazines,  serviettes and endless stories!! If you speak any foreign languages and want to practise, some people will definitely appreciate your attempts!   Families the world over are more or less the same, with the same concerns, happy and sad times and it's great to share stories, and at the same time learn about our different cultures, celebrations and lifestyles. You may also find that many share your interests too!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment