Sunday 15 January 2017

Starting a new stamp collage.. and looking for ingredients to make sardines ..

Work is in progress now on some new stamp collages.  My current obsession seems to be with Sardines,  so I've made a rough sketch  of a can of sardines and will be basing my collage on this.
The background is already prepared using some pages from a very old small Stanley Gibbons catalogue,  which have a pleasing aged appearance. I made a similar design with the subject being a Carp and people commented that it looked like newspaper for fish and chips .. I try to keep some link to the stamps and associated paraphernalia so used the catalogue instead of newspaper ..but I'm currently hunting for the ingredients for my collage and the 80c Netherlands stamp is what I need to complete the sardines ..it looks a bit like fish scales ..  I know I have a quantity of these somewhere .. but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!



No comments:

Post a Comment